Welcome to Dansonderzoek.nl
The dansonderzoek.nl website is operated by the Dutch Society for Dance Research (VDO: Vereniging voor Dans Onderzoek) a platform for dance studies in the Netherlands. VDO contributes to the exchange of ideas, dissemination of research and debate on the dance research in the Netherlands.
- Dance Research in the Netherlands – Publication SALE!
Edition 3+4+5 package deal for only 15,- Euro
Edition 6+7+8 package deal for only 20,- Euro
- Symposium Society for Dance Research 21 May 2017, ‘Metaphors in Motion; making sense of contemporary dance’
During its annual symposium the society presents the latest developments in dance studies in the Netherlands, as well as the 9th edition of the academic magazine published by the Vereniging voor Dansonderzoek. Choreographer Marcelo Evelin is this year’s guest speaker.
More information and registration at: www.springutrecht.nl
- Symposium Society for Dance Research, 9 April 2016
Disclosure of the past
The topic evolves around different methods and goals of historical research in dance and the ways researchers disclose the past. The symposium takes place at the ArtEZ school of dance, Onderlangs 9, Arnhem from 13.00h till 15.30h.
Speakers are Jacqueline Algra, Justa ter Haar en Peggy Olislaegers
The symposium is open to everyone. Non-members pay a 10 euros entrance fee, students 5 euros. The spoken language is English.
Shortly an invitation will be send with more information about the programme and the registration. Before the symposium the annual General Council Meeting is held at 11.30h.
By the end of March the members of the Society for Dance Research receive an agenda and the other papers involved.
- VDO is now partner of national Centre Performing Arts (NCPA)
Primary goal of NCPA is to optimize awareness and develop skills to artists in the performing arts and athletes, to stimulate self management in order to have a sustainable professional carreer. NCPA developes and links knowhow and stimulates the execution and practise. VDO is now partner of National Centre Performing Arts (NCPA)
- Mini symposium: Freedom in performance? 16 November 2015 19:00-21:00 Parnassos, Kruisstraat 201, Utrecht On the relations between cognition, intuition and free will in creative processes
Together with our new partner the National Centre Performing Arts, we co-joint in this new mini symposium on the relations between cognition, intuition and free will in performance. We will welcome keynote speakers professor dr. Marc Slors and Joao da Silva PhD.
This mini symposium questions the relations between cognition, intuition and free will. How do these co-operate and effect the performing artist in creative processes? Does free will exist in the choice making within creative processes? What does this imply for the relations between artistic improvisation and free will? What role do spontaneity, knowing and not-knowing play in improvisation? The bridges between the philosophy of mind, neuroscience and artistic practices can offer performing artists, art teachers and (para) medicals in the performing arts a wider and deeper understanding of the creative process.
Note: key notes will be in English and Dutch.
The entrance fee is 20 euros. Students (with student card) pay only 5 euros. Registration is required by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation with information on payment.
- Call For Papers: Dance Studies in the Netherlands, Volume 9
Dance Studies in the Netherlands collects (academic) research in the area of dance, executed in the Netherlands or by Dutch people abroad. The Dutch Society for Dance Research (www.dansonderzoek.nl) prepares the ninth volume which will be published at the end of 2016.
The editorial board calls for researchers to respond. Articles (or proposals) on finished and ongoing research – preferably written in English – are welcome. For the guidelines for authors you can email the VDO.
Deadline application: October 19, 2015
Article submission: February 1, 2016
- Dance Research in the Nederlands volume 8 is out now and can be ordered.
- Save the date: Symposium Society for Dance Research, February 28th 2015
Connect! The relationship between performer and spectator
The symposium takes place in Parnassos Cultuurcentrum, Kruisstraat 201, Utrecht from 13.30h till 16.00h.
Speakers are Chiel Kattenbelt, Aafke van Mourik Broekman en Emilie Gallier.
During the symposium the publication Danswetenschap in Nederland part 8 will be presented.
The symposium is open to everyone. The spoken language is English.
Before the symposium the annual General Council Meeting is held at 12.00h. In February the members of the Society for Dance Research receive an agenda and the other papers involved. More info
January 2014 – Pre announcement of VDO Seminar on Saturday February 8 2014
- The Society for Dance Research organizes a seminar with the theme Dance and Philosophy. The seminar takes place in Parnassos Cultuurcentrum, Kruisstraat 201 in Utrecht and starts at 15.00 h (until approximately 17.00 h). Speakers are: Diane Elshout (Moving Arts Project), Zeynep Gündüz (UVA/AHK) and Sarah Soethoudt (student UHK). Spoken language: Dutch, some presentations are in English
Before the symposium the annual General Council Meeting is held at 13.30 h.
- December 2013 – New website online!
The dance research website is completely refurbished and now offers through www.dansonderzoek.nl a current platform with all the information about the VDO and VDO activities.
- September 2013 – English report VDO seminar online
For some time the report of the VDO seminar was only available in Dutch now the English version is also available. To report